Wenger dismisses Barca talks



Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has brushed off talk that he could take over at Barcelona when Luis Enrique departs at the end of the season, Soccernet reports.

Wenger was linked with the job after Luis Enrique announced he would step down, with the manager’s contract at Arsenal expiring in the summer.

He has said Arsenal’s results until then will decide whether he stays, and he told a news conference on Thursday that he was not interested in a move to the Camp Nou.

“My preference has always been the same and will remain the same,” he said. “I am not looking for jobs in other clubs or jobs off other people.

“I am focused on me, getting to the next level and trying to improve and always trying to see what you can do better and reinvent yourself. That’s what I try to do. That’s basically it.”

Last month, Wenger said he intended to continue managing next season, either at Arsenal or elsewhere.

The 67-year-old, who has come under increasing pressure from fans after recent poor results, said he will make his final decision by April and stressed that he would respect the club’s wishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Of Thrones Season 7 - July 16th 2017